Rebirth: Blackburn Rovers [FM10]

sparkysrovers

First of all I would like to thank Dafuge for presenting his saved game from last year to me when he reached nobility with Tooting & Mitcham. I has asked him about how Rovers were doing and much to my surprise and a few others was how bad Rovers had feared over the 60 or so years he had played his game. I then asked if he could lend me the game, which he did once he finished and started on FM11. So my aim was to bring them from their lowly spot in the Blue Square North to the top echelons of World Football and finally have done this with probably my best season ever in FM history.

I took over in early December 2070, with Rovers languishing mid-table. I really should have documented this a bit better but this has been how I progressed.

Finished 1st with one between me and Droylsden, as I recall I finished first on the last day of the season

bsnb.jpg

Then in October 2071 the then Chairman left with a fans trust taking over which involved a good sum of cash.

Had a good season in Blue Square Premier - quite suprised at how successful my team were being, taking top spot for a 2nd year in a row.

bspo.jpg

After we got promoted the club turned professional.

March came about and with a successful run in the Johnstone Paint trophy, we reached the final and won 2-0 against Exeter

We finished up the season as Champions of Coca-Cola League 2...another stroll in the park for the mighty Rovers

ccl2e.jpg

After another good run in the JPT we faced Leyton Orient winning 2-1 after extra time, making it 2 in a row for the JPT

Although having a good cup run we were up against it the Coca-Cola League 1 and finished 3rd gaining promotion to the Coca Cola Championship

beating Norwich 2-0 in the Semi final of the playoff and thrashing Leeds 4-0 of the final

ccl1.jpg

The Championship wasnt as tough as we had thought and we finished top again with that being the only notable thing achieved that year

cccxxp.jpg

In our first season back where we rightly belong in the Premier league, we finished a very respectable 4th with T&M finishing 2nd to Newcastle United

epdo.jpg

Season two back in the EPD saw us finish 2nd with a close run to the finish, Tooting just pipping us to the top spot by a point. We also finished as runners up 1-0 to Napoli in the Euro Cup (heart braking so it was)

epd1.jpg

Another close finish in 2078 saw us beat T&M to the title. We had a great run in the League Cup that was ended by a mauling at the hands of Tottenham, 4-0 it ended.

epd2x.jpg

The start of the new season saw us winning the Community Shield beating Newcastle United 2-1. We then went on to win the Premier League with dafuge's T&M slipping down the table under the manager Amin Mohammed

epd3.jpg

In the 2079/80 season it was a great season for the club and for me, the best yet in my career at Rovers with us winning the League Cup - beating Nottingham Forest 1-0, winning the League with T&M trailing in our wake 9 points behind, and winning the FA Cup - with a 2-1 win over Liverpool to record a historic treble for the club

epd4.jpg

For the season after such a great season, one would expect us to go on and dominate, but we lost the Community shield to T&M with a score of 2-1, we also finished runners up in the League Cup to Tottenham with a score also of 2-1. We did however win one thing, that being the Premier League for the fourth time in a row

epd5.jpg

We moved to a new Stadium after many years at Ewood Park and with no room to expand, and with a Chairman so charitable with his money we moved to the new Blackburn Stadium with 55k capacity (currently being added to with 9k extra seats)

This season of 2081/82 being an unbelievable season for the club Blackburn Rovers. First off winning the Community Shield, which end 3-3 and us taking the silverware after an intense penalty shootout with Manchester United with 8 penaltys taken

31518769.jpg

Winning the League Cup with a 2-0 win over Man Utd

81430016.jpg

Winning the Premier League in style in the middle of March, with a record beating 27 games won in a row, 107 points amassed and 132 goals scored.

epd6.jpg

And finally to top it off with a finish worthy of world beaters and a historic win for Rovers in their 207 year history and quadruple haul of silverware we won the Champions League for the first time beating AC Milan 2-0 in Wembley - it cant get any sweeter than that.

22954527.jpg

Archived