Unable to process rule group. No reason given and unable to find problem in editor

CMdan44

So I've just finished a big editor project with several new league structures added in. and there is definately no clash. I've had this planned out since June and been working on it since November, there is definately no clash between the editor files.

When i tried to load the database, the game threw up a few problems with some of the files which i corrected but there's one file that it doesn't accept is fixed. In this file I've added some lower leagues and cups to the English league system, plus some youth and reserve leagues and cups (starting the structure from scratch rather than using the "add lower leagues and cups" function because i wanted to edit the existing leagues too).

When loading the database at the game start, the game told me that there was a problem with my reserves cup, saying that one of my reserve leagues was entering 14 teams into the cup when it only had 13 teams, so i loaded up the editor and checked it out.

The editor said the current nation rules were valid and when i checked there were actually 14 teams in the reserve league, just as there should have been. so i loaded the game again but the same thing happened, after a few tries I just removed the reserve cup from the structure and tried again, whereupon the game informed me that it was unable to process the rule group in this file but didn't give a reason like it usually does.

I created this file on the original database and loaded the original database at the start of the game but the game itself is running with the latest patch (11.2.1 ? ), could this be a reason for the problems?. The new patch has (i think) caused some problems with some of my other edited leagues - making them unplayable - but didn't affect the editor files from which the leagues came in any way. I'm not too worried about these other files as they were just little extras but the file that this post is about is my main project and i've put a lot of work in to it.

Also the problem file does have a few failed changes in it but firstly these aren't errors with the structure, they mostly concern edits i made to media sources and people (some have which have now been deleted) and secondly, all the files have at least one failed change because they all stem from one master file with a few base edits in, but they all still work fine, so surely this wouldn't have caused the rule group error?

Should i try to remove the patch? should i re-patch? should i try to rebuild the league structure? or should i restart the whole project?

Did you load any other custom file together with your file? Because such error messages are usually connected with another custom file that does interfere with your league file.

There could be errors in your league file that does not affect the nation rules, as an example, not setting the league sorting rules will lead into error messages when loading the database into the game, but still give you a "nation rules are valid" in the editor.

You could upload your file and than I could have a look into it. It should be no problem to start with the 11.0 database and the 11.2.1 patch, but you should also try to run your file with the 11.2. database.

Thanks.

I'll have a little look through. As i said there is absolutely no clash between the different files, i've worked hard to make sure of that, but i'll give all my files a once-over for any possible errors.

if it can't be solved i'll just have to start again.

Archived