Norwynd's Fantasy CSL League (Canadian Soccer League)

Norwynd

[FM11] Norwynd’s Fantasy Canadian League V2.2

New Canadian Soccer League (CSL) with selected Canadian teams from the U.S. ADL league and the old CSL and PCSL combined into a new 18 team 2 division league. Also, San Jose and Kansas City removed from the MLS and Vancouver/Montreal added. Former PCSL clubs have a 450 reputation and former CSL clubs have a 950 reputation. All teams are set to be "Professional". All teams are provided annual government and sponsorship money to help cover operating costs. All teams attendance setup for a minimum of approximately 50% of their current stadium capacity (I think the largest stadium was set to approximately 2500 minimum attendance).

Tested for 10 years with fantasy players....all teams seemed to remain financially sound and some players did find their way to the Canadian National team.

This is my first try at something like this...I am not a seasoned Football Manager editor. Perhaps do what I did and quick sim for 10+ years to make sure you don't see any potential issues.

There are no real players created in this mod. I personally like to use fantasy players so that everyone has a computer generated photo. I suggest you vacation for one year before taking on a job in order to allow the computer to propogate and fix up the teams during the first year.

U20's have matches. Reserve squad does not. See screens below for full rules and setup.

Scenario:

Canadian Soccer is finally getting the boost it has needed to attempt to bring it in line with the Canadian Football League. With the new $4,500,000 Government grant program ($250,000 per team), a CBC and Sports Network television deal (worth approximately $400,000 per team), corporate support and sponsorship dollars, and the move to setup most of the teams as “Public Limited Companies”, maybe now we will see Soccer take on a new level of play in Canada.

My Personal Scenario:

My personal scenario/career goals are to manage in the new CSL for a few years and then at some point make my way to Europe where one day I hope to manage in the England Premiership. Perhaps somewhere along the way I’ll have an opportunity to work with the Canadian National Team.

Awards:

Manager of the Month

Manager of the Season

Player of the Month

Player of the Season

Team of the Week

Top Goalscorer

CSL Champion:

The top 4 teams from each division (East and West) go up against each other to become the CSL Champion.

Canadian Champion’s Cup:

The winner from last year’s CSL goes up against the three Canadian MLS franchises for this coveted trophy and a $100,000 prize.

DOWNLOAD - Temporarily unavailable go to FMNorthAmerica.com for a realistic version

Version 2.2 Changes:

Replaced St. Catherine’s with Hamilton Croatia

Average match ticket price changed to $15.00 per ticket for all teams

I hope you enjoy and that this helps my fellow Canadians fill a void that is missing from the off the shelf Football Manager. Any issues or suggestions as you find them please let me know....it's a work in progress!

Where is Hamilton Croatia? I think they deserve place in league, as current runner-ups and as new strong franchise. :)

Anyway, this looks good. Maybe Ill download it sometimes later, when right players are added or so. And I also like this government financial aid, would be awesome to see something like this in near future, lets say in ten years, when WC is organized in USA.

Ok, I'll probalby make this change and put it up in a bit.

On a different topic...I'm finding the option of making teams into a a public limited company a very interesting option. After just a few games I am seeing a few teams getting bought out by a consortium...

ubc_consortium.jpg

reddeer_consortium.jpg

I guess that if private investors are buying up these teams that they must think there is a good future for the CSL!

Archived