Football Manager 2011 New Editor Features FAQ

Lucas

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

For those of you that have pre-loaded Football Manager 2011 on Steam with access to the Editor you may have some questions about some new things in the Editor this year - namely Continental Rules editing and to clarify how to get your edited leagues and pyramids working correctly. I'll update this thread if anything specific to FM11 editing comes up.

If you're looking for general resources and FAQ on editing Football Manager in General, we have a handy thread available here.

-------

Football Manager 2011 New Editor Features F.A.Q.

I have made the Welsh/Brazil/English/etc. lower leagues active in my xml file. Why will this not load when I start a new game?

You need to add another lower inactive division in order for this to work, due to teams being relegated. Ensure that this created competition is set to 'Inactive Division' and placed a competition level below your active leagues in order for this feature to work correctly. Otherwise the teams set to be relegated will not have any division to go to.

Example:

LEVEL 1: Top Division – Active Division – 2 promoted / 2 relegated.

LEVEL 2: League 2 - Active Division – 2 promoted / 2 relegated.

LEVEL 3: Inactive Division (where teams will go to)

What are Club Continental Rules and how can I use them?

You can now create your own continental club competitions – resurrect the Anglo/Italia Cup for example, the Cup Winners Cup, replace the Champions League in a traditional knockout style or any custom creation you can think of.

They can work in the following two ways:

1) Creating another competition to work alongside current competitions.

- For example, a new continental cup such as the Anglo/Italia Cup.

- A third custom Super Cup, for example between the winners of two domestic leagues playing in a one-off fixture to determine the “stronger” of the two/

2) Replacing current competitions.

- For example, replacing the Champions League with a traditional style knockout, or resurrecting the two group phases.

I have created a new Champions League but the UEFA Cup no longer runs. Why is this?

Because all the continental competitions work together in-game, replacing one of the continental competitions (such as the Champions Cup) requires you to replace the others as well in order for the competitions to all work correctly.

I want to create a new World Cup/Nations Cup/Confederations Cup. Can I do this with the Continental rules?

At present, this is not supported nor possible with the creation of international competitions in Football Manager 2011.

Archived