+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Players reaching end of contract

Amateur

Default Players reaching end of contract

Always thought this should be brought into play.

If a player has a year to run on their contract and won't sign a new one teams should be more open to lower offers for the player to get some sort of cash before they go on a pre contract.

The way it stands the now, teams want over the asking price for these players. Bit silly.

Thoughts

Part-Timer

Default Re: Players reaching end of contract

Quote Originally Posted by RB88 View Post

If a player has a year to run on their contract and won't sign a new one teams should be more open to lower offers for the player to get some sort of cash before they go on a pre contract.

The way it stands the now, teams want over the asking price for these players. Bit silly.

Thoughts
    I've found the opposite to be the case - I've had quite a few low offers accepted for players who look likely to leave on a bosman.

Part-Timer

Default Re: Players reaching end of contract

Quote Originally Posted by RB88 View Post

Thoughts
    I do not think it is silly as they may still believe that the player has a future and are in negotiations or going to offer a new contract.

+ Reply to Thread