Improving Graphic Performance

Ste

Hi Guys, okay so I have a Dell M1730 laptop. Really powerful and thought it would handle FM09 no probs but when watching a match it's terrible. It's really choppy and unwatchable.

So how can I improve performance. My laptop has dual sli graphics cards. 2.6ghz dual core processor and 4g of ram(Although only 32bit OS so really 3gb).

So far I have shutdown processes which are not necessary and closed any other applications. Defragged and cleaned up the hard drives. And also got all the latest drivers I could find.

Is FM09 just a buggy slow piece of software or am I missing something???

Hi Guys, okay so I have a Dell M1730 laptop. Really powerful and thought it would handle FM09 no probs but when watching a match it's terrible. It's really choppy and unwatchable.

So how can I improve performance. My laptop has dual sli graphics cards. 2.6ghz dual core processor and 4g of ram(Although only 32bit OS so really 3gb).

So far I have shutdown processes which are not necessary and closed any other applications. Defragged and cleaned up the hard drives. And also got all the latest drivers I could find.

Is FM09 just a buggy slow piece of software or am I missing something???

It's you! It's you! You're the reason I couldn't have STE as a username!

*hisses at ste

Try turning threading off. Also, try putting graphics settings to 'low' (if it is 3D) you are talking about.

I'll try the threading option but would have thought that would be helping.

Also don't understand why I should need to set the 3D settings to low. The laptop should easily be able to handle it. FM is hardly Crysis

Archived