Long Term Effects and points of view..

Good or bad you deside??

Im currently in testing before the 3rd patch is released before i make a final decision on starting my long term game...

For people wondering about pc specs and how many leagues they should run the following tests gave me these results.

PC SPECS

my pc specs are 3.2 GHz 4 Gb Ram 32 bit Vista basic OS

using the ddt editor i created a file to retain players from many teams and top division from around the globe which i wont run the actual league in..

LEAGUES

I choose 10 nations with 20 leagues: Brazil 1st, Argentina 1st, Holland top 2, Italy top2, England top 4, Spain top 2, Portugal top 2, Scotland top 2, Germany top 2 and France top 2

It has taken 12 hrs 30 mins to play 5 years or 5 season's running on holiday it has taken an average of 3 minutes per week to process using a monthly save feature..

When i tested the game using medium data base using Genie scouts i got the following figures.

MEDIUM DATA BASE

50198 Players

16988 None players

7587 Clubs

LARGE DATA BASE

51782 Players

17063 None Players

7939 Clubs

After 5 season's using Large data base this was the result

50359 Players

19519 None players

7939 Clubs

TOP FOUR ENG PREM

whilst the top 4 remianed the top 4 i was suprised with the progress of Man City and there millions, they never finished higher than 6th despite spending million's

season 1: 164million on transfers

season 2: 109 mill

season 3: 51 mill

season 4: 49 mill

season 5: 36 mill window still open in august

REGEN RESULTS

For long term games it looking like a little work or tunning is needed on the regens/freds etc, i have found that after 5 seasons i had 2208 regens under the age of 22 with a CA above 150..

On checking the top 50 players with PA above 160 and CA above 150 only 3 players had stats to match those of current real players in terms of there hidden stats

EXAMPLE

Steven Gerrard

Consistancey:17

Imp Matches:18

Ambition:20

Pressure:17

Professionelism:16

Sportsmanship:11

Temperament:14

There are alot of modern day greats with simliler stats and some better, the following is an example of the stats that most of the following 50 regens had that i checked..

Mr Regen age 21 CA 186 PA 189

Consistancey:9

Imp Matches:16

Ambition:14

Pressure:5

Proff:15

Sportsman:14

Temp:9

Regen no 2

Con:14

Imp M:8

Ambition:20

Pressure:5

Proff:9

Sportsman:4

Temp:8

These examples are the average taken from around with only 3 players out of 50 having a balanced personality based on current players. Some may argue so what you shouldn't be looking but i think if a new regen is going to entre the game they should have stats to represent there PA..

the other stas that is always missing for most CM is off the ball or positioning despsite them having CA and PA above 170. the stat remains below 10. IRL my question is if you take great players Gerrard, Kaka, Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbetov on so on and gave them 9 for off ball they would never reach the top, unless you could train them, it's not possible to get a stat of 6 to improve beyond 10 after 5 years training..

I hope the topic can be used in a possitive way to either help people or help to create a possitive debate on how we can all make the game better..

Just to answer a couple of the points that you raise.

An off the ball / positioning stat CAN rise a lot more than 6 -> 10 - I keep track of my players attributes at the end of each season - and I have had one player's off the ball rise by FIVE points in one season - so keep persevering.

Secondly - yes I do agree that off the ball, positioning and the hidden stats are lower - and I find anticipation generally is too, but they can all be improved by training or tutoring by the right people.

So although I agree it's not perfect, it's not as bad as you're making out :)

Archived