half time team talks.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the team talks were fixed for 09, the last FM game i brought was 07 didnt think 08 was enough of an improvement to warrant buying it.

in 07 if you were losing 1-0 or drawing 0-0 and you picked the "Disappointing" option at half time usually your team produced a much better display and came back to win, or at the very least draw, even if you were battering the opposition already in the first half and were just unlucky to be drawing or losing, using any of the other options like, we can win this, encourage the team, one more goal will win it etc worthless cos if you did pick one you usually lost and didnt seem to have nay effect.

so is it still the same for 09 or has anything changed ?

How do you mean "fixed"?

Each comment has a pre-determined affect on the teams performace. You just have to make sure that you are picking the right one to get the most positive response. Also, individual team talks are just as important at getting the best out of your team int he 2nd half.

Fair enough, sometimes you have to go against your instincts when selecting an options because you have to 'play the game' a bit, but once you know roughly what to say and when to say it, you'll be ok in my experience.

in fm 07 if you were losing or drawing and picked "Disappointing" your team would come out in the 2nd half and you would usually go on to win or draw, if you picked any other option you usually ended up losing, i was well documented on these forums i remember reading about it and people commenting that they would sooner go in 1-0 down so they can use this option than go in 0-0 or even 1-0 up as you stood a better chance of winning the second half and going on to win the game.

pre determined effect or not if you picked any other of the option at half time "we can win this" or "we only need to score one more" for example at 0-0 did not have the effect you would think or expect.

Archived