Hmmm questions

I have been promoted to the premiership as Darlington. Worked my way up from League 2 to the big boys league over the last 3 seasons.

Now I have started the 4th season and am in dire need of reinforcements - ST and a couple of defenders and while Darlington have said they are very financially secure and assume I will be battling to avoid relegation they have given me a transfer budget of £0! What, why, how?

I am currently hunting the free's (as I have done the last two seasons) but noone that is going to make much difference is sitting there.

One option is to sell Frazier Campbell, he will pull me £22 mill, but who would I replace him with that would keep my attack solid (hes the guts of it) would free up cash to buy a "decent" CD as well to partner Rodwell (my captain <3 )

Other question, to get alot of these young guys I had to sign them with big club releases and now the likes of Barca are sniffing around and I won't be able to retain them. I attempt to resign them but they ALL say they are not interested in talking, even when I am looking to quadruple their pay and they are all happy? wtf? How does that work.... you are happy at the club, they want to offer you more money but you won't talk to them, somethings up there.

Anyway any thoughts would be muchly appreciated. My midfield is solid, just need the striker and a couple on D

Joe Garner as your striker if you can afford him.

Mark Beevers as a DC if you can afford him.

I have been promoted to the premiership as Darlington. Worked my way up from League 2 to the big boys league over the last 3 seasons.

Now I have started the 4th season and am in dire need of reinforcements - ST and a couple of defenders and while Darlington have said they are very financially secure and assume I will be battling to avoid relegation they have given me a transfer budget of £0! What, why, how?

I am currently hunting the free's (as I have done the last two seasons) but noone that is going to make much difference is sitting there.

One option is to sell Frazier Campbell, he will pull me £22 mill, but who would I replace him with that would keep my attack solid (hes the guts of it) would free up cash to buy a "decent" CD as well to partner Rodwell (my captain <3 )

Other question, to get alot of these young guys I had to sign them with big club releases and now the likes of Barca are sniffing around and I won't be able to retain them. I attempt to resign them but they ALL say they are not interested in talking, even when I am looking to quadruple their pay and they are all happy? wtf? How does that work.... you are happy at the club, they want to offer you more money but you won't talk to them, somethings up there.

Anyway any thoughts would be muchly appreciated. My midfield is solid, just need the striker and a couple on D

Joe Garner is - £3.25 mill and looks pretty solid (get around £7 mill?)

Mark Beevers - £7.25 mill but his stats are "ok" nothing flash and 9 for pace. Does he improve alot? (get around £12 mill?)

TBH - Joe Garner looks like a poor mans Frazier but a season under his belt and he could kick on nicely and getting these two for Frazier could be the go.

Cheers for your help

Archived