Is the editor going to be any different in this version?

• SI Staff

The editor is pretty much the same as before there are a couple of changes in it though -

* You can now search for players by their common name (seemed a popular request previously).

* Editing player names is now possible via. the editor (as the glitch in that is fixed now).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'custom databases' - the editor creates edit files which then overlay on the existing database in the same manner as before.

The reason for this approach rather than saving an entire database is purely that it takes up less disk-space on the PSP and so doesn't adversely affect loading times when you start a game.

My main hope was the ability to add new players to the game. Before, if there was a transfer in the January window for a player not in the game, I'd end up changing the name of a crap player and moving him and editing his attributes. Is it possible to add new players instead of editing older ones.

Also can you change individual attributes, in the old editor I think you could only set the current and potential ability of a player. Would be cool to be able to have more control over a players attributes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

The reason for this approach rather than saving an entire database is purely that it takes up less disk-space on the PSP and so doesn't adversely affect loading times when you start a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game effectively loads quick starts, right?

Given that a UMD has about three times the capacity of a CD-ROM, would you consider for the next version adding in the ability to start a fully new game in the vein of the PC versions (i.e. the game plucks players right from the entire database), thus letting us fully edit that database?

Starting a new game isn't something that would be frequently done, I'd imagine. Perhaps some of Sony's own standards prevent you from doing so if it takes a particularly long time to start up, but I can't imagine it'd be too strenuous. Naturally, quick start options should remain for those wanting to jump in much quicker.

Alternatively, if a PC Editor was released that somehow allowed us to create our own quick starts from the database, that would also be excellent.

• SI Staff

The editor is through QA now and we're just waiting on its upload to the sigames.com site if you wondered chaps.

PS - Younger Crayola: Some interesting ideas for 'editing', its possible we might be able to look into some of them at some stage in the future ... but please do bear in mind Console manufacturers aren't particularly fond of user editing features because they worry about it allowing security violations on their platforms - hence anything too exotic is unlikely to happen.

Archived