Can't buy players

Hi - I'm in 4th season with Peterborough in Championship having gained promotion in successive season by loaning and buying some geriatrics icon_wink.gif

I have £0 for transfers, but am having trouble since the start of this season in buying players. There are several whose contracts have expired and are available for £0, they accept my contract but the the transfer is cancelled because I cannot afford the fee !!!

I though I was missing something so I attempted to sign a player who was without club and the signing was cancelled without any reason.

Anyone have any ideas....the problem with buying very old players is that you have a high turn over and I'm running out of team !!

Hippo

Hi - I'm in 4th season with Peterborough in Championship having gained promotion in successive season by loaning and buying some geriatrics icon_wink.gif

I have £0 for transfers, but am having trouble since the start of this season in buying players. There are several whose contracts have expired and are available for £0, they accept my contract but the the transfer is cancelled because I cannot afford the fee !!!

I though I was missing something so I attempted to sign a player who was without club and the signing was cancelled without any reason.

Anyone have any ideas....the problem with buying very old players is that you have a high turn over and I'm running out of team !!

Hippo

No one able to help with this - it's very frustrating as it means I cannot continue with the game....

Anyone from SI gonna comment !!?

Hippo

Thanks for the response Marc - no I only have 30 players currently. I have mailed you my saved game as you requested someone else with the same problem on an earlier post to do.

Hippo

I just battled through it. Got a few loans in each season and steadily worked my way up the SPL season by season. Once i qualified for the Champions League (and then won it in my second bash at it) i got loads of offers for soem of my good youngsters, so i sold them for big money and pumped the profits back into the team.

Archived