Football manager 2009 is running dangerously low on memory and will now quit

Hi guys,

I bought FM 2009 when on the first day it came out and had no issues for the first month or so using the first patch (9.1.0), but now recently after I installed the 2nd patch about a week ago my FM, has not been able to get past the first loading screen i.e. after the warchild advertisements etc. I was able to play the 2nd patch for a couple of days before this error started happening "Football manager 2009 is running dangerously low on memory and will now quit." Followed by the message Football Manager 2009 has run out of memory and will now quit.

I have reinstalled countless times, reinstalling the latest patch, and using just the first patch, but nothing will work. I even tried installing and updating through steam; no luck :<

My computer specs shouldn't be an issue, i've just recently updated all my drivers.

They are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (3.01 GHz)

2.00 GB of RAM

GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB

Windows XP Home

I also have 250 GB of free space on my hard disk, so memory shouldn't be a problem.

I read on a few other sites that to fix the problem is to increase the virtual memory in the performance settings. I have also tingled around with it by increasing it to the reccomended value of 2.5 the value of your physical ram which is about 6 GB; no luck there. I even went as far as increasing it to 100 GB, in the vain hope of getting the game to work.

I notice that when I run football manager and have task manager open, I can see that FM takes up a whole chunk of my memory fast. It starts off normally at about 80K, but then shoots up steadily to 220k in the space of 10 seconds, when the loading screens come up.

My other games run fine, Medieval Total War II, Counterstrike Source, Warcraft III: FT, its just FM.

So please help me, as I'd rather not like my $90 AU to go down the toilet, due to some stupid glitch.

Cheers in advance

albz.

happened to me too yesterday, i have already bought i new graphics card (Ati Radeon 9800 SE) just waiting for delivery now because my last card is corrupt, i was just checking the stats on one player and it cut out and came up with that message, thank god i am not the only one eh?

Archived