loaning youths?

I was wondering if this normally does more harm than good for young players when you have your seniors already tutoring them and you get to keep a close eye on the attiributes.

How does it work in game, if you loan players are they being tutored by the other clubs as well? Is tutoring more important than getting regular games in 1st team? Does 1st team/game experience help players evelope? Should youngsters be loaned in the begin with, in regards to player's development.

Anwers, facts, discussion plz...

I think it's bad unless they are over 18. I loaned out a 16 year old who was going to be one of the best players of his generation. When he came back he wasn't even going to be as good as Xavi. I also loaned out a 17 year old Italian to a Spanish side in Liga Adelante. He only played 4 games for them and effectively ruined his potential.

I usually loan my players out from 18. First team football is a huge factor in youth development, so I'd say farm 'em out for a season or so. Making sure you get the right level is key to their development - I don't send them to affiliates usually, I put them up for loan and negotiate a deal where they will be first choice. Usually one division lower than you normally play (if a major European league) is best. So if Man Utd, look for a Championship loan. If they are very good young players, you will probably get offers from bottom half Prem clubs ..

Just keep an eye on them and make sure their morale stays high and they are playing regularly. If they get a serious injury, best to bring them home. :thup:

Also, obviously, you don't want to loan a player who is being tutored. But I usually tutor players from 16-18 so it doesn't conflict.

Oh and don't loan them out to foreign clubs ideally, unless they speak the language or it will stunt their development having to adjust.

I am managing in Serie A and find its a good way of developing foreign regens; as they get games and settle in to the culture/language/lifestyle etc.

I bought a golden generation 2 seasons ago (aml / amr / fc) of 3 wonderkids and they were absolutely explosive in u18s... getting ready to run them into 1st squad next season now that they turn 19-20yo. Glad I kept them closeby, alltho I still wonder if they'd have even higher attributes if they got more game exp.

Howmuch potential (in minimum) does a wonderkid keep stat wise btw? Keep reading about -9, 10 / 180-200 stats but never used editor...

Archived