processing speed

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home edition

Total Physical Memory: 512.00MB

Available Physical Memory: 292.71MB

Total Virtual Memory: 2GB

Available Virtual Memory: 1.96GB

Can anyone help me with my game speed?

Based on the above I am guessing I need more "virtual" memory. Am I correct? And if I am how do I get more virtual memory? I dont want to walk into PC World and they end up ripping me off. I can just see me walking out with a new computer when i dont really need it.

Also why am i so bad at this version of champ?

I am Glasgow Rangers in my first season, knocked out of europe, sitting 8th in the league and starting to worry I might be sacked by christmas!!

Is everyone else finding it harder than before?

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home edition

Total Physical Memory: 512.00MB

Available Physical Memory: 292.71MB

Total Virtual Memory: 2GB

Available Virtual Memory: 1.96GB

Can anyone help me with my game speed?

Based on the above I am guessing I need more "virtual" memory. Am I correct? And if I am how do I get more virtual memory? I dont want to walk into PC World and they end up ripping me off. I can just see me walking out with a new computer when i dont really need it.

Also why am i so bad at this version of champ?

I am Glasgow Rangers in my first season, knocked out of europe, sitting 8th in the league and starting to worry I might be sacked by christmas!!

Is everyone else finding it harder than before?

Get some more RAM.

what exactly is RAM? Is it a physical component I plug in or do i need to take the back off my pc tower and fiddle about with tiny screwdrivers?

Ram is basically a stick that is inserted into the motherboard of your PC, you need to remove the back and check if you have any slots for more, you will most likely have 1 stick which can be removed or replaced, the more the better. Here is a link for you to look at www.crucial.com

It is fairly cheap as well, you should if you can aim to have 2GB of RAM, thats 2K of Ram compared to your current 512 (sorry if you knew this i am just going of other posts for knowledge on the subject). It's as simple as taking the cover off your PC and removing your old RAM stick(s) with your new meatier variety. No screwdrivers involved :p

Oh well apart from taking off the cover more than likely lol.

Archived