Keepers taking the tito jackson

How many times have you seen this? Your beloved team is a goal down but is battling away and is almost certain to score, an opportunity is wasted but theres still a minute left, WAIT! NOOOOOO there isn't at all! The opposition keeper is going to stand there waiting for around 15-20 seconds to take the free kick/ goal kick! Oh look, times up!

:mad:

Anyone else getting this or is it just me? Also, I'm sure the rules say 6 seconds only?

6 seconds in the keepers hands iirc, he can stand with the ball at his feet as long as he likes. If I was a goal up late on I'd set time wasting to max, so the a.i will time waste as well.

Tip; hard tackling and always close down on opposition keeper late in the game will make him less likely to get away with it.

Lol...beat me to it Lawsie:)

I've noticed the A.I time wasting on gola kicks, throw ins etc. The ref should tell them to hurry up after around 10 seconds max before booking persistent offenders. However on FM it seems as if the players are allowed to time waste for as long as they want

The longest ive seen is nearly a minute and a half (90 secs) to take a throw in!!!

Archived