Dumb questions for the vets out here

Hi there

Thought i'd ask a couple of stupid questions. I have my tactics set to a balanced bands of two 442 and i've done it with the TT&F guide. But i dont wanna read too much into the game, since to me, the most fun is figuring stuff out. But anyway, im asking you veterans a couple of things that i cant seem to figure out - hopefully someone can help me.

1) Is there a real upside to signing players to full time vs part time contracts? Im really struggling with my budget, but i've toyed with the idea to full time some of the more promising young players. Is there a real advantage to it, as real life would have me believe?

2) Almost half of the goals scored against me come from the opposing goalie kicking the football straight under my defenders, and an opposing SC scoring one-on-one. If i drop my D-line any further, assistan manager start complaining about too big of a hole between dl and the midfielders. Anything i've overlooked?

3) Full time coahes, this is pretty close to #1. Is there any real upside to signing a full time coach when on a tight budget in a part time league?

4) Are the strikers as important as they seem to be? I have 3 strikers that the coaches feel like should be stars in the league - but if one of them ( a speedy young fellow with good finishing) is missing, i cant seem to score for the life of me. Am i wrong in thinking that i have to make sure i have the right strikers in place before i start looking to other positions?

Thanks to any and all who take the time to answer.

the big hole also comes from a difference in mentality between ur midfield and defenders.

full team coach = better stat boosts ... up to u, whats more important, a players growth or using that money for funding moves for players?

personally better coaching = better stats for players = better player growth = better results on the pitch OR it equals better value for player = more money :D

hm strikers are important but so is everything in the team. i always believe u need minimum 3 good strikers, if only a speedy striker is scoring yet u have 3 quality strikers, ur tactics aren't getting the best out of them.

1) full time contracted players have more time to train.

2) are you on patch 9.2? otherwise, dont worry about what your assistant says, just see if dropping your defensive line works or not and if it does then stick with it. since when did your assistant become the God of tactics? ;)

3) im guessing the full time coaches work on the same principle as full time players. i.e. more time for training.

4) i'd say strikers are essential. if you're happy with the rest of your team then maybe look for a new striker. bear in mind that some players take time to gel and settle into your new tactic so i'd give them at least until the january transfer window before looking to replace them :)

hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I'll try to get a couple of fulltimers, and drop the defence back a little more.

One more thing - im trying to adapt this FCd / FCa mentality in my 442, but i cant seem to get it to work. I've set the FCd to be a few steps behind the FCa in mentality, and the FCd has that yellow arrow pointing to an AMC spot. Yet, in most cases the supposed FCd plays a lot deeper in the opposing end, and never really drop into the "bridge" spot where he's supposed to hold up play and distribute.

If you want your 2nd FC to play in the "hole" behind your striker then just simply play him as an AMC. I dont really see a point of playing him as a forward and asking him to drop deep all the time, it seems easier to just play him in the deeper role from the outset.

Co-incidentally, thats what tactic im using currently (4411) and its working a treat. :)

having full time players, in my opinion, is a must, most player will accept around 100 pound per week for a fulltime contract. having them fulltime though will only really be effective if you have good training schedules and decent coaches. At present i have 11 assistant managers and 3 coaches and my players are always improving now all full time and grabbing interest from sides as high as the championship. I am blyth and got promotion in my first season and am top of the blue square premier after 13 games.

so yeah full time is the way to go to be successful in lower league in my experience.

Loans too :)

Archived