Can you take a PSP abroad?

I am thinking about potential hazards like the exposure to high tempratures and the X-Ray machines in airports? I really want to play FM by the pool!!

I am thinking about potential hazards like the exposure to high tempratures and the X-Ray machines in airports? I really want to play FM by the pool!!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bremner:

Going to the dominican republic in a week with the girlfriends family so i need FM to keep me sane, but can you play your PSP on the plane? 9 1/2 hours is a long time to go without a ciggy and FM! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it'll be the same for any electronic device - you're allowed to but only during the main flight, during take off and landing (roughly) they prefer you not to in case it interfere's with equipment .... I'll find out for sure in a few weeks time when I fly out on holiday icon_wink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whereabouts did you go in America Marc?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Florida - my wife's from that area and her family still live there (so no we didn't do 'Disney' icon_wink.gif ).

Marc, i bet you were gutted not to go, i bet you wanted all them pictures on fire place with you hugging the likes of Micky Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and the rest of the gang icon_razz.gif, im from California, never cold there, but Englands has been suprisingly hotter at mid-day than over there, wierd place!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whereabouts did you go in America Marc?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Florida - my wife's from that area and her family still live there (so no we didn't do 'Disney' icon_wink.gif ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you enjoyed it.

My family have done the "florida" 3 years in a row and it was very enjoyable two weeks is not enough for Florida you have to go more then once.Yes we did do the theme parks then a relaxing week in Orlando.

L.A and Palm springs monday,anyone been there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Simbazz:

Marc, i bet you were gutted not to go, i bet you wanted all them pictures on fire place with you hugging the likes of Micky Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and the rest of the gang icon_razz.gif, im from California, never cold there, but Englands has been suprisingly hotter at mid-day than over there, wierd place! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simb wherwabouts in california.Because we are going there this year for hols.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Ben:

Beware however during my holiday in Spain my PSP suddenly turned off whilst playing FM and has not been able to play games since. I had to exchange it with PSP Helpline. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats 99.999% likely to be hardware related rather than anything to do with being in Spain I'd expect (from the sounds of things your PSP battery probably just gave up the ghost, this can happen rather suddenly and painfully as I've found out while coding on battery power with laptops in the past).

Archived