My opinion and suggestions

Overal i think FMH is a great addition to the series. It is nice to have the old feel back... Especially the text commentary, as great as the 2d match engine is, they did do some obscenely stupid things sometimes.

The UI is very nice, although it took me the best part of an hour to get used to it, it's very different from the mouse/keyboard style of before and i would certainly say i prefer the mouse/keyboard but i think the interface is as good as it's going to get on a handheld, one idea i had was to use the analog stick, but i quickly thought otherwise... it's just too fiddly. Great work on that.

The database is a little small though i can totally understand why, it adds alittle bit to the challenge of a lower league manager like myself, but i would imagine it could get very frustrating. My only real gripe with it is the regens, there are just plain TOO many good kids every year. It has left me in a tough spot as a lower league manager... buy them or get battered by the teams that do.

Player interaction is little to non-existant, it really is something i would like to be transfered over... even if its just the release good/bad media comment about player. Just so i can give someone a kick in the butt when they need it. Media interaction too i would like to see, a few questions to managers before big matchs that the players will react to. Board interaction too, as small as the 'vote of confidences' were, it was nice as a note to me that someone might be on the way out, too many times managers just get sacked on my game and it feels unrealistic because of the lack of media coverage. Overal this is the biggest failing point of FMH, as someone else said, between transfer windows there just isn't much to do.

Training is simple and easy, and it has an effect which is noticable, i really like the steps taken to training in both the new PC and PSP FM games. It actually feels like it's worth using now rather then leaving on general.

Difficulty, the game is a bit too easy... and the fact that there is very little to do in tactics does make it a bit on the easy side to counteract your opponents formations. I think the regens being too powerful also adds to this aspect of the game... having even just 2 16 year olds in your team that have multiple 15+ stats in a conference team makes an absolutely massive difference.

Injuries, though many people have problems with the number of them, i feel it's not so much the number that is the problem, rather it is the allocation. I can understand injury prone players and all that but when one player gets injuries 5 times in the space of 4 months something is wrong... especially when the injuries are unrelated...

My final point is on transfers... the relisting players on the transfer list is an annoying bug but isn't really gamebreaking in any way. One thing that is bothering me though is valuations, some of them are too high, i won't use examples as it's been brought up. Another point of confusion for me is players transferlisted with a value of, in my case say £100K, but the team accepts an offer of 5K, i've done this more then once. Another possible addition would be the offer player to clubs, though for the love of man please don't use indivual replies in mail... that was a nightmare on the PC, just a reply for interested parties or a no-one's interested reply would be great.

Overal, i have to say for a first outing on the PSP SI have done a fantastic job. Really good. Well done guys. I know that next time you will know what you have to work with hardware wise, so i am already eagerly awaiting your next release. You have yet to disappoint me, keep up the hard work. It is appreciated.

Overal i think FMH is a great addition to the series. It is nice to have the old feel back... Especially the text commentary, as great as the 2d match engine is, they did do some obscenely stupid things sometimes.

The UI is very nice, although it took me the best part of an hour to get used to it, it's very different from the mouse/keyboard style of before and i would certainly say i prefer the mouse/keyboard but i think the interface is as good as it's going to get on a handheld, one idea i had was to use the analog stick, but i quickly thought otherwise... it's just too fiddly. Great work on that.

The database is a little small though i can totally understand why, it adds alittle bit to the challenge of a lower league manager like myself, but i would imagine it could get very frustrating. My only real gripe with it is the regens, there are just plain TOO many good kids every year. It has left me in a tough spot as a lower league manager... buy them or get battered by the teams that do.

Player interaction is little to non-existant, it really is something i would like to be transfered over... even if its just the release good/bad media comment about player. Just so i can give someone a kick in the butt when they need it. Media interaction too i would like to see, a few questions to managers before big matchs that the players will react to. Board interaction too, as small as the 'vote of confidences' were, it was nice as a note to me that someone might be on the way out, too many times managers just get sacked on my game and it feels unrealistic because of the lack of media coverage. Overal this is the biggest failing point of FMH, as someone else said, between transfer windows there just isn't much to do.

Training is simple and easy, and it has an effect which is noticable, i really like the steps taken to training in both the new PC and PSP FM games. It actually feels like it's worth using now rather then leaving on general.

Difficulty, the game is a bit too easy... and the fact that there is very little to do in tactics does make it a bit on the easy side to counteract your opponents formations. I think the regens being too powerful also adds to this aspect of the game... having even just 2 16 year olds in your team that have multiple 15+ stats in a conference team makes an absolutely massive difference.

Injuries, though many people have problems with the number of them, i feel it's not so much the number that is the problem, rather it is the allocation. I can understand injury prone players and all that but when one player gets injuries 5 times in the space of 4 months something is wrong... especially when the injuries are unrelated...

My final point is on transfers... the relisting players on the transfer list is an annoying bug but isn't really gamebreaking in any way. One thing that is bothering me though is valuations, some of them are too high, i won't use examples as it's been brought up. Another point of confusion for me is players transferlisted with a value of, in my case say £100K, but the team accepts an offer of 5K, i've done this more then once. Another possible addition would be the offer player to clubs, though for the love of man please don't use indivual replies in mail... that was a nightmare on the PC, just a reply for interested parties or a no-one's interested reply would be great.

Overal, i have to say for a first outing on the PSP SI have done a fantastic job. Really good. Well done guys. I know that next time you will know what you have to work with hardware wise, so i am already eagerly awaiting your next release. You have yet to disappoint me, keep up the hard work. It is appreciated.

• SI Staff

Thanks very much for your feedback - we're trying our best to listen to everyone who comments constructively on the game and ensure that the next version of it evolves in the manner which everyone wants.

Archived