showing on foot...

can anyone has a thorough explaination or dummy guide on the topic above??

i have come across 2 diff school of thoughts and although me not paying any particular attention to that in the past, i was wondering whether was i missing out on this great option or just plainly utilising it the wrong way...

from my pov, showing on foot means, player A is a right footed, i showed onto his right foot to prevent him from crossing striking and passing properly. the other version which i was told is to leave a gap on that particular foot, eg show onto his left for a left legged player B means defender gonna wack B on his right making him imbalance and forcing him away from his path...

its confusing...anyone help??? i had alway stick to my latter view..right leg player = showed onto right...

thanks

Showing onto weaker foot means you are blocking them off and only allowing them to pass/shoot/cross with their weaker foot. It exposes you however and if the player is highly skilled they may be able to step past you and have a better opening

For example, a right footed left midfielder such as Joe Cole loves to cut inside onto his more favoured right foot. So setting to push him onto his left foot will push him wider, where he struggles to cross the ball with his left, meaning he should be less of a threat.

Showing onto weaker foot means you are blocking them off and only allowing them to pass/shoot/cross with their weaker foot. It exposes you however and if the player is highly skilled they may be able to step past you and have a better opening

so in other words if i said i showed onto right for a left legged player i would be forcing him to use his weaker right foot???

For example, a right footed left midfielder such as Joe Cole loves to cut inside onto his more favoured right foot. So setting to push him onto his left foot will push him wider, where he struggles to cross the ball with his left, meaning he should be less of a threat.

However say he is Luton, there is a greater chance Cole would be able to skin him as Luton's defender commits due to the massive difference in class. True?

Also the same with tackling hard on a specific player. or marking all the time.

Drogba is a pain for it as he constantly seems to break my defence that way

However say he is Luton, there is a greater chance Cole would be able to skin him as Luton's defender commits due to the massive difference in class. True?

Also the same with tackling hard on a specific player. or marking all the time.

Drogba is a pain for it as he constantly seems to break my defence that way

droggie alway seems to break any defense haha...the only thing is showing onto his foot and hard tackling with a gd pacey defender.commiting yrself to mark him often using the OI will only ensure yr main tactics conflicting with the OI, just use yr player instruction and chose your defender A to man mark droggie if u want to

closing down often(OI) will also ensure that u leave holes in the defense,

Archived