The Overview

Why?

I've never understood the logic behind the current state of the match-day screens.

Outside of a highlight (for those not watching the full match) there are 13 screens of stats to glance over to help you see how things are going and decide what may need to be done to achieve success in the match.

One of these, however, is arguably far less useful than the rest - showing only the score, who scored, injuries and red cards if they occur. Not even bookings or knocks. It could be described as an extremely bare bones analysis of the current game. This screen, the Overview, is the default match-in-progress screen and has been for as long as I can remember in FM/CM games.

Of all 13 screens the game continues to default to the worst, year in, year out - with no option to set the default match screen. Couple this with the new patches problem of reverting to the overview following each highlight depending on the screen you had up before the highlight and it's quite a problem.

I realise choosing the screen you desire requires minimal effort and time but it's stuff like this which defines the efficiency of a UI. I actually can't think of anything which justifies the Overview's existence at all, especially after all these years.

Archived