Worst start - Best finish

I'm just wondering if anybody has had terrible starts to the season, but still won the league title, won a cup, or gone on an unbeaten run?

In my debut season with Tottenham in FM2007, I lost my first five games. I soon changed a few things around and went the rest of the season undefeated. I won the title on the last day of the season. If I remember correctly, I only made two signings.

Argh I really want to answer this thread, but i'm doing a story about Udinese in the FMS forum and don't want to give away too much. I'll try and make it a spoiler. Anyone reading that story, do not highlight below.

I got knocked out in the first round of both the Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia. Sitting in 11th at Christmas, we had a fanatstic second half of the season and rallied up to 6th, just 2 points off 4th place.

Started unemployed, and took over Sheffield United 6 or 7 games into the season with them in the relegation zone.

Lost first match in charge 4-3 to Colchester having led 3-2 with 2 minutes left.

Planned major changes, but window shutting meant I couldn't really change too much, and ended up not signing anyone all season.

With 2 games left, went top of the league, which I eventually won! Although technically I wasn't responsible for the bad start, still had to recover from it.

Archived