Anyone edited Southport into the BSP?

I had an FMH 09 game on the go with another team, and I noticed that Southport were promoted into the game in the BSP, but the players seemed to be regens. Has anyone edited Southport into the BSP with the real player names, and possibly with the right kind of stats for the players too? I enjoyed having a go with them in previous FMH games and would like to do it again. Of course the way they are doing in real life this season it they could maybe be in the BSP in FMH 10 anyway!

My mistake, I was thinking of FMH 07. I actually have a list of the Southport players and all their stats from FMH 07, but there are only about 2 of those players in today's real squad. Then there would be the problem of getting the team reputation right.

Yeah I suppose I could do that.

Do you know which teams were promoted into the BSP this season? Because Southport should replace one of them really.

I notice that the Blue Square North and South teams are in the FMH 09 editor too. Interesting.

Yeah it was, having started a new game you can see which teams were promoted. So now it's a choice of replacing Barrow or Kettering (who were both promoted from the BSN).

Ignoring loaned-out players, the real-life Southport squad has the same number of players as the Barrow and Kettering squads. Lets say I change the team name of Kettering to Southport, then change each player for that team to the real-life Southport player names. The number of Goalkeepers and Defenders match in both teams, but there are 7 Midfielders and 5 Strikers in Kettering and 9 Midfielders and 3 Strikers in Southport. Does that mean I will have to be stuck with 2 Strikers in the game for Southport who in real life are actually Midfielders? After all I can't see a way of editing the player positions or anything.

Yeah it was, having started a new game you can see which teams were promoted. So now it's a choice of replacing Barrow or Kettering (who were both promoted from the BSN).

Ignoring loaned-out players, the real-life Southport squad has the same number of players as the Barrow and Kettering squads. Lets say I change the team name of Kettering to Southport, then change each player for that team to the real-life Southport player names. The number of Goalkeepers and Defenders match in both teams, but there are 7 Midfielders and 5 Strikers in Kettering and 9 Midfielders and 3 Strikers in Southport. Does that mean I will have to be stuck with 2 Strikers in the game for Southport who in real life are actually Midfielders? After all I can't see a way of editing the player positions or anything.

just move two midfielders to the team from other clubs and release two strikers as free agents.

Scott marshall and chris clark are two midfielders who are free agents. use them.

Well I've finally managed to replace Kettering with Southport in the BSP if anyone wants it. The changes.txt file also contains Sam Allardyce replacing Paul Ince at Blackburn, and Crickie's transfer update (hope he doesn't mind).

http://files.filefront.com/changes+Transfer+update+Sdtxt/;12733482;/fileinfo.html

There is no badge icon for Southport though, even though I know there is a Southport icon in the pack I downloaded.

Well I've finally managed to replace Kettering with Southport in the BSP if anyone wants it. The changes.txt file also contains Sam Allardyce replacing Paul Ince at Blackburn, and Crickie's transfer update (hope he doesn't mind).

http://files.filefront.com/changes+Transfer+update+Sdtxt/;12733482;/fileinfo.html

There is no badge icon for Southport though, even though I know there is a Southport icon in the pack I downloaded.

nope dont mind you using my update on it. Did you use them two free agents i mentioned????

Yeah I used both of those free agents. It took a huge amount of work, because certain players replacement players weren't working for some reason. Anyway, I eventually used these players:

GK Tony McMillan Ian Dunbavin (Accrington)

GK Zac Hibbert Paul Lancaster (free)

D Chris Lever David Raven (Carlisle)

D Adam Flynn John Dempster

D Kevin Lee Tommy Jaszczun

D James Connolly Guy Branston

D Earl Davis Exodus Geohaghan

D Shaun Gray Richie Byrne (Oldham)

M John Doolan Brett Solkhon

M Matty McGinn David Galbraith

M Alan Moogan Darren Wrack

M Robbie Booth Andre Boucaud

M Mark Duffy Jon Brady

M Chris Price Scott Marshall (free)

M Michael Barnes Chris Clark (free)

M Michael Powell Keith Gilroy (Burton)

M Ashley Winn Neil Wood (Zeljeznicar)

SC Ciaran Kilheeney Gareth Seddon

SC Neil Robinson Mark Rawle

SC Steve Daly Jason Walker (Barrow)

The wage budget is slightly over (£10k of £10k used). Also, one player's wage is £1.2k - slightly above the apparent maximum £1k wage of the club. So I hope that isn't going to cause the game problems!

In future versions of the data editor it would be nice to be able to see more information about players when you search or filter for them, such as what position each player plays in, value, wage etc. and maybe be able to search for free agents too, so you could quickly find a player to fill a position in a team without having to load the game itself up on the PSP. Having said that I ended up doing it manually anyway.

Yeah, it can really do your head in...I must have spent about an hour trying to get players which matched the real Southport players positions, then realised that at some point (for no reason it seems) I had switched the players around which meant that all the positions were wrong. That and the fact that some replacement players didn't seem to work for no apparent reason, and you have a good few hours of frustration lol

Archived