Managing in China - Friendlies

I felt like managing somewhere I'd never tried before in any FM, and for some reason known only to my subconcious, I picked China. I started the season in December 08, and took over a team called Wuxi Zhongbang in the first division. I did the usual: set up some tactics, buy a few players, play the pre-arranged friendlies. After doing the last of those, I was all ready for the season to start, when I noticed something: the season wasn't going to start for several months. The last of my friendlies was in mid-January. I had a cup game in mid-March, and the league begins in early April. By then, any fitness I got from the friendlies will be long gone.

Now, I know I can always book my own friendlies - indeed I'm going to have to - but it seems really odd to me that the pre-arranged ones end over 2 months before the league starts. It would be more logical to have them in Feburary and March instead of January.

Is this normal or is it a bug?

Asian Champions League in all likelihood, which I'm pretty sure falls largely in that March-April period. Still a bit odd though.

Guess that might be the case. There's a chance of them being involved in the ACL so all Chinese clubs are set to have their friendlies early so there's no chance of problems. Not really relavent when I'm a mid-table second-tier team though :p

Archived