Takeover of Bury in my game: For the love of god, when will it happen?!

BdTS

I guess I'm clutching at straws here looking for some sort of definitive answer but I'll give it a whirl none-the-less....

I'm in my first season with Bury, in the top half right now, doing not too bad. As with many other people, I've changed my tactics and now need to buy more central midfielders, but I'm under a transfer embargo as a Puerto Rican tycoon is in negotiations to buy the club. I've got a couple of wingers I want rid of and I can't even loan midfielders for nothing from my affiliates.

I'm in December now, and all I'm getting is the one again - off again messages. "Bury takeover on track" (whilst the two parties are no closer to a deal) then literally the same day sometimes, the message that the deal is dead over the valuation of the club and the tycoon may look elsewhere, this is happening every 2 or 3 weeks with nothing final happening.

So I guess what I'm asking is: How long will this go on? Is do these things sort themselves out during transfer windows? Or is there a chance it could last all the way to the summer?

......and in that case, would I be as well packing this career in and starting with a new side, as my lack of decent centre-mids is affecting me quite a bit.

Archived