If I were to get the game now...

... and try to play it.. would it be a problem if I rebooted my computer?

I'm talking about digital downloads.

How would this affect the game? I would just have to download it again, or?

I say this because my computer has been weird of late. Every time I run something like youtube or a live stream of a soccer game, the computer shuts off..

I tried rebooting but in the middle of the reboot it did the same thing.

If you download it, its saved to the drive until you delete it. Youtube et al are stored in temporary files.

If you restart your machine, however many times, after downloading FM it'll still be there when you get back into Windows.

If you download it, its saved to the drive until you delete it. Youtube et al are stored in temporary files.

If you restart your machine, however many times, after downloading FM it'll still be there when you get back into Windows.

I meant rebooting as in completely cleaning out my hard drrive, with those recovery disks.

First thing, try a good antivirus out, it may have virusses. Next check the powerfan, it may be on its last legs and thirdly your Ram or processor or even motherboard may have shut shop. There are many reasons why it may be shutting down and cleaning out your hard drive may or may not provide the solution.

I meant rebooting as in completely cleaning out my hard drrive, with those recovery disks.

Ah, that kind of rebooting :) You mean reinstallation of Windows.

If you wipe your harddrive properly, you'll need to reinstall the game again. You can put Windows on without destroying everything but I'd say, considering your problems, you'd want to wipe everything. After which you'll install Steam, login to your account and just download FM again - it will not take long to download unless you have a very slow connection.

First thing, try a good antivirus out, it may have virusses. Next check the powerfan, it may be on its last legs and thirdly your Ram or processor or even motherboard may have shut shop. There are many reasons why it may be shutting down and cleaning out your hard drive may or may not provide the solution.

Is there a way to test what it is?

That's not what rebooting means. You mean reformating.

No, FM will not still be there. But you can download it from Steam again, or reinstall it pretty easily.

I would go into the process of turning on POST and such, but really, I'm not on the SI forums to do hardware help. But I wish you well, and remind you that google is your friend :)

Archived