What am i doing wrong?

I've tried defensive tactics, attacking tactics, balanced tactics and any tactic i can think of, but my team just leaks goals. I've tried this with alot of teams, both lower league and premiership.

Whats worse is that it always seems to be against english teams (i play in the english leagues), yet when i play teams from abroad i don't struggle so much.

Are the defenders on this game really bad, or am i missing something?

Any advice, or should i head over to the tactics forum and pick some up?

it's your tactics.

i am using my own 442 (simplicity is the key, if you go complicate stuff, you might be pointing all your ten fingers towards the match engine.)

i set my team's mentality very close to each other, so they play it tight.

i set all my four midfielders to Run forward, simple, since putting an anchorman will concede me goals anyway.

i don't set my defenders deep, simple, since having them deep will concede me goals anyway. so i push them up slightly below midpoint.

and other team based instructions. i have minimal individual instructions so as not to complicate my tactics. (i did use a whole lot of individual instructions previously, never worked so i go simple.)

my game is clean and with that simple, simple team based tactic that i have, my teams are doing very well (BSS team promoted om 1st place / EPL above 3rd mid season)

so simplicity and common sense is the key, for me at least.

cheers

it's your tactics.

i am using my own 442 (simplicity is the key, if you go complicate stuff, you might be pointing all your ten fingers towards the match engine.)

i set my team's mentality very close to each other, so they play it tight.

i set all my four midfielders to Run forward, simple, since putting an anchorman will concede me goals anyway.

i don't set my defenders deep, simple, since having them deep will concede me goals anyway. so i push them up slightly below midpoint.

and other team based instructions. i have minimal individual instructions so as not to complicate my tactics. (i did use a whole lot of individual instructions previously, never worked so i go simple.)

my game is clean and with that simple, simple team based tactic that i have, my teams are doing very well (BSS team promoted om 1st place / EPL above 3rd mid season)

so simplicity and common sense is the key, for me at least.

cheers

I'm gonna try a tactic with the same guidelines you've set and let you know how I get on. I've been having a weird 1st season with QPR, I won like 5 straight, and now I've lost 5 straight, and every game something different about my tactic goes to fruition.....it's depressing, so I think I'll simplify it

I'm gonna try a tactic with the same guidelines you've set and let you know how I get on. I've been having a weird 1st season with QPR, I won like 5 straight, and now I've lost 5 straight, and every game something different about my tactic goes to fruition.....it's depressing, so I think I'll simplify it

alright mate, it might work or it might not work for you, since no two teams/managing are exactly the same.

and it's also important to know when to defend your lead, to have a tactic specifically to defend against an opponent that is attacking aggressively in the last 15-20 minutes.

tell me how you get on nonetheless.

lol, funny you say that, as I have a shut up shop tactic....

Anyway, I set the 4-4-2 with farrows for 3 of 4 midfielders, one staying back just a little, global mentality (which I changed a little, CBs down a few clicks), and simple passing for the midfield.

I nicked a 1-0 away from home with 4-1 odds to lose. I created some pretty good chances and we were strong at the back. Also, my shut up shop tactic worked (no shots by them after i put it on)

I've made my own tactics before, and I know it's only one game, but I'm liking what I saw. I'll probably complicate it once i get a better idea of the match engine. Thanks

The biggest flaw in the match engine is the defenders, they will close people down even if told to man mark and not close down at all thus leaving the player they are supposed to mark free for that inevitable through ball which follows. Also the fullbacks just get skinned constantly, as soon as a winger gets the ball they just run down the line straight past the fullbacks even if they have crappy pace compared to your FB's they still get skinned down the wing.

Archived