Network game is slow - it is me doing everything wrong

Hi there

As a long-time fan of the FM series, it's been quite a disappointment to discover that it is virtually impossible for me to either host or join a internet game.

No matter what I do, the players joining via the net experience an incredibly slow game play with somewhere in between 5 and 60 seconds delay after every click.

I'm on a 4 GB 2,0 Ghz Macbook running the game via hamachi. The person, with whom I've tried to create a game, has a pc with 2 GB RAM. We have both installed the respective patches.

We are both on 1 or 2 MBIT DSL connection with a max of 1 MBIT upload. Is that the bottleneck, and if so, which internet connection is required for troublefree FM 2009 gaming?

Or is it something entirely different which I am not aware of?

I truly appreciate your help and assistance.

Ben

Denmark.

No, it's obvious that the faster, the better.

But it appears that our standard Internet connection (at least here in Denmark) does not quite suffice to play FM09 without extreme delays and long response times.

Hence, I'd like to know whether anybody knows what internet connection speed is recommended for troublefree (read: playing without the above response times) FM09 internet gaming.

Archived