OS X 10.4: should I buy the game?

I use Mac OS X 10.4.11 and don't own FM09 (yet). I read that FM09 is only supported on 10.5.5 and up, but that there is a patch which makes it possible for 10.4 users to start-up the game. Are there any other problems (which are not solved by this patch) running the game on 10.4 and are there any 10.4 users out there who can recommend/not recommend that I buy the game?

Speaking personally - it's very playable with the patch, it's fun and I'd recommend it.

I have to say though, it's a bit more 'faffy' for me in terms of making it work than any previous version. For example, I suffer from occasional freezes when loading a match that require me to quit and restart. I've got use to this now and work around it by playing with a 1 week autosave so that, at worst, I only lose a couple of games progress when it happens. I also can't play 3D, but I'm happy to sacrifice this to be able to play at all.

My expectations of a £20-£30 computer simulation are a lot lower than some on this forum, so if you will only be happy with a 'perfect' product, you might want to give it a miss. :)

I use Mac OS X 10.4.11 and don't own FM09 (yet). I read that FM09 is only supported on 10.5.5 and up, but that there is a patch which makes it possible for 10.4 users to start-up the game. Are there any other problems (which are not solved by this patch) running the game on 10.4 and are there any 10.4 users out there who can recommend/not recommend that I buy the game?

is your system PPC or x86/intel?

also what graphics card/chip do you have?

if you could tell me the model of the mac I could be more helpful. :thup:

is your system PPC or x86/intel?

also what graphics card/chip do you have?

if you could tell me the model of the mac I could be more helpful. :thup:

Thanks for your responses. I have a 2-year old, white MacBook with 1GB ram and 1,83 GHz Intel Core Duo. The graphics chip is a built-in Intel GMA 950 with 64 MB shared memory. I have been able to play FML for some time without problems, but I'm not sure if that gives any indication of whether I'm able to play FM09.

I have the same machine as you, been running the demo with patch on osx 10.4 but you can't run the 3d matches with the gma950 graphics. its still fun, but I'd like to be able to try the 3d. I'm not sure if there are plans to fix this or if the gma950 is just too weak.

:( Just installed the demo, but I'm not able to play it. When I start the game, I get "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9.1.1 27305 quit unexpectedly". I've tried it wihtout the patch but it doesn't work either. Have you had any problems like this treen007?

Archived