player ratings vs player stats

I've been observing the player ratings for a while. Either there is something wrong with the ratings, or the stats. In many games, my 2 Midfielders (M C's) who have almost identical stats get completely different ratings. They both have same number of passes, number of succesfull passes, key passes, they both have comparable amount of tackles, tackles won, key tackles, interceptions, runs, etc etc.

Yet one of them gets a 5.8 at halftime, the other one gets 6.5. How does this happen? Which one should I trust?

I wanna go with the ratings first, but then again if I look at the substitutions made by AI teams, many times I see them substituting players who have high ratings in that particular game.

SI, please sort it out. Rating system should be something very easy to implement. I don't understand why you can't get it right in so many versions of this game.

:(

There is also a bug with subs ... there is an ambient ratings drop that happens all the time (my guess so that players who dont get involved in the game get a slowly decreasing rating - ie only increased by actions such as passign etc).

The problem is that this ambient rating drop is being applied to players subbed out. So you can sub out a player with 7.5 rating and by the full time whistle he will have a rating listed as 6.5. This is screwing up the long term ratings for players who get subbed out a lot.

Sucks, but hopefully fixed in a patch soon.

Archived