Players favoured personnel

does anyone know how to get onto a players favoured personnal?

I have noticed that I can get on a players favoured personnel if I give them captaincy, but how else? praising them for good performances used to work, but now they never seem to agree with my assessment! In this case what type of form is worthy of praise?

they never agree means that you're wrong in the assessment.

asking them about recommendations and signing his recommendation for player/staff would up your relationshp with him too.

im not very sure if winning titles with the player in the squad has an effect tho, although if im not wrong there is.

In FM08 if you gave positive media comments about a player, which were warranted....and then praised them using player interaction, you would generally get on their pavoured personnel. This doesnt seem to happen.

I am obviously getting the assessment of a players form wrong somehow, what is considered good form worthy of me being 'delighted'....the rating level for a good performance seems to be lower in FM09.

You need to be very careful in choosing between:

You are delighted with ...'s recent form

You are pleased with ...'s recent form

...'s recent form is acceptable

...'s recent form is below-par

etc etc

If the avg rating of 5 games is between 7 - 7.30 or lower I often choose is acceptable, for getting a pleased they should get a 7.30 or higher rating in an avg of 5 matches. Just try to know the player better, see what his rating was and what comment you gave, if he is happy (and/or surprised but still happy) you did it right, if he is confused you probably need to lower your comment.

Sometimes bringing in a big signing can boost some players to make you favoured personnel, Fàbregas was extremely pleased after I got Agüero in, but Witsel/Nasri started nagging about "to much competition for a first team spot" although they play as MR/MC.

Being in the club for a long time will most likely make you their favoured personnel after a while.

Doing good with your team helps always ofcourse.

Also, don't go praising everyone just because they got that rating, sometimes they will disagree or be confused, this could lead to bad performances.

If the player comes in the news like "<yourplayer> shines against..." then I make a comment, not sooner, not later.

I hope this helps a bit!

Players differ, if you apply it to another player, you could get ".. is pleased with your recent comments and will play better to get even more praise.."

Like I said, try to remember how they reacted and adapt to that, there is no rule in this comment belongs to that kind of rating.

I think it depends on the players personality as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Archived