the dubbet as/touted as - is it editable?

ok, I think everyone has noticed that when players are touted or dubbed as a former or current player they are often dubbed as the same players all over again. So obivously when players are dubbed as a player on the current database there are loads to choose from (i've seen the regens being dubbed as many players, I've even seen the next Owen Hargreaves), but when its a retired player it seems as the choice isnt as much. I mean, there are no Maradonas, Peles or Alan Shearers.

So my question is this. How are the players compared to a retired players? And, are they editable? Can we add more players to the compared list? Are players only compared to players which are in the database (like Pele, Le Tissier and Shearer arent in the database)?

I've always enjoyed this feature, but in my opinion it should be different from teams to teams, like more Liverpool youngsters should be compared to next Gerrards, Owens and Fowlers. Whilst more Man Utd youngsters should be compared to next Beckhams and Scholes.

This is sort of related to the OP but......

Say you had a re-gen coming through who was dubbed the next say... michael owen, and his name was bob smith for example. Say bob smith went on to become a prolific goalscorer for club and country, right, with me so far? Would we then see new re-gens coming through that are touted as the next bob smith? just curious!

Archived