Big Money in Croatia.

Hi,

Has anyone else tried to manage in croatia. Following their outing in Euro 2008 I decided to have a go with the favourites for the title in the Top league Dinamo. ( I have to say the fact that they had Luca Modric was a big factor) anyway the board's expectations were to win the league that season and they gave me a transfer budget of £15 million. Is this wrong or is their actually lots of money in the Croatian domestic league?????

they sold quite a few players last season including eduardo and corluka. They made some big money last season, and now this season aswell so its definately not a bug. With dinamo, the only people that will come are cheap young brazilians, so go for really cheap foreigners (though there are some restrictions) and just try and get as far as you can in the CL. After a while you can sign some more croatians spread around europe.

Yup its gonna be hard. IF you manage a club in a small country the league reputation bug will annoy you. Money is still the king and the player would definitely sign for you IRL for a huge amount of money instead they prefer to retire and earn a dollar a day.

Basically search for players from smaller countries. They will almost always leave you after their contract runs out though.

Archived