AssMan making an ass of press conferences!

Like most people now, probably, i find the press conferences dull and repetitive. Maybe because its the same questions and same answers or the frequency of the pressa conferences themselves! As a result i dont do all the press conferences myself, in fact i only do the ones before the "bigger" games and send my AssMan for the rest.

Now im no motivational genius but the press conferences i do seem to illicit a far more positive response from my players compared to the ones where my AssMan does the pleasure! The last press conference i took was just before the Chelsea (at home) game and we won 3-0! Every press conference i send my AssMan to do always ends up with a negative response from one or most or all of my team and as a result they play like a bag of spanners in the game concerned! Does anyone else find this?

Perhaps there could be an AssMan attribute dedicated to media interaction? I think it may be beneficial given that they can now have such a devastating effect on team morale!

Also i hope i dont get ripped apart for starting this thread! Thanks

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have this attribute. You now see many managers sending their assistants to speak to the press on their behalf. I do find the press conferences repetitive but I also think that if they're done correctly they can be a positive influence on your team so working on that rationale I think it's worthwhile doing them and not leaving them to your assistant to mess up for you.

I can totally understand why people wouldn't want to do them though after a few times.

Personally I think that sending the AM to the press conference should be the equivlent of selecting the middle option for every question. It should have no positive effect, but no negative effect either.

That would be another way to do it! But everytime it would be described as a "cagey press conference from........."

Archived