Questions!

Hello fellow FM followers,

I have a few questions regarding FM09. I have always bought a box version of FM and it is quite expensive. Since it is not sold in my country, I have to either order it online for delivery or get a friend who travel to UK every December who visit his family buy it for me.

After getting my copy of it, I always make a backup of my original just to make sure. Now I want to order online since now paypal support my country and I believe it is much less expensive that the retail box.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Should I get a legitimate copy via stream or can I trust the online resellers and get my copy?

2. After downloading my copy, will I be able to make a backup of it as I always did?

3. Since the introduction of DRM Authentication, after making a backup, will I be able to use the backup copy on my PC & notebook? (I am aware of the 5 license seat already - want to make sure about the copy running simultaneously since I believe the DVD will still be needed in the DVDRom drive)

Thanking you in advance for your understanding and unconditional support.

Cheers:)

If you have the dvd once installation is done the DVD is no longer needed to play the game - so you can safely take it out, install on your other comps without needing a backup of it. If you download from Steam I believe so long as you're within your installation limit you can download anywhere and any number of times with your activation code so again, this time you won't really need a backup :)

1. You can prob trust em... If you get the serial and its already had its '5 seats' used, you can follow the deactivation link (not that I know it... Its in a sticky) and deactivate them... Thus freeing them for you.. You just have to be certain you get a correct code.. Or youll have mega issues...

2. Dunno, Dont use Steam myself...

3.Um nope - that the bonus of DRM... Once activated disc not required :p - Well at least that's the case for This, FIFA manager (RUBBISH!) and Fallout 3! No disc required...

I used to crack all my games due to me being bad with discs... But with new games that detect cracks and stuff up (one year firings ect), I'm glad DRM kills two birds with one stone...

Archived