Allow Transfer Budgets In First Window Option

A little confused about this, far as I can tell and what I read in the manual about it, this ‘option’ means that the transfer budget for either the Summer or January transfer window is £0.

Now started a game a few weeks ago in FM08 as manager of Middlesbrough, with the option “Allow Transfer Budgets In First Window” un-ticked, set the start game date as Sweden March 2008 (as I wanted to get through season quickly), played till the 16th June and noticed that after this date the AI controlled teams have a transfer budget (looked in FMM and also added another manager) but I have zero transfer budget.

So tried it in FM09 and same thing happens, gets past the 16th June, teams that are controlled buy the AI have a transfer budget, but again I have zero transfer budget.

So I’m just curious to know if the option only applies to Human controlled teams and not the AI ones or is it down to the date when you start a new game and the different transfer windows?

(I’m a little gutted to find out that other teams have a transfer budget now, as I wanted to try add a little element of ‘realism’ into FM08 (by setting the rl the summer transfers as future transfers in FM08, thus keeping the current rl 08/09 squads more a less the same until the end of the January transfer window) before I get more seriously into FM09.)

That's what I thought the option does but thats not whats happening in both FM08 and FM09.

Transfers are defently taking place in FM09 with “Allow Transfer Budgets In First Window” unticked, in the first 2 weeks of the summer transfer window, Man City spent 19M on a player, Chelsea bought Marcelo from Real Madrid and players are moving between clubs in England, so in a nutshell other clubs have been making transfers and they aren't pre-arragend ones that are in the database.

I would like some sort of feedback from SI about this.

Archived