very low number of shots per game...

I have started a few games so far where i've played for a few mths and packed it in (normal practice for me, sort of a trial and error until i stumble upon one that grabs my attention)...what has struck me is the incredibly low number of shots on goal (and consequently goals per game) in each season.

at this point please note this is not a whinge...i have not invested enough in any of these games to be upset by the lack of action....i'm just trying to figure out why it is happening.

on average i am seeing about 5 to 7 shots on goal per team per game, with goals very hard to come by (for me and the opposition i should stress, so this isn't me saying i am being cheated or anything silly like that). For e.g, i spent a month with leyton orient, 5 games, not one goal scored, 2 conceded. similar results with preston and bolton. i always play attacking football, switching to just below all out attack if behind in 2nd half.

i know people will say 'tactics' and i take the point but lets be realistic here, just because i haven't mastered the intricasies (sic) of the game yet shouldnt mean that 90% of the games i have managed in so far using a variety of tactics have produced so little action. at the very least, if it is my tactics that are at fault, the AI should be up to speed so i should be getting my *** kicked...that isn't happening either.

i'm thinking that maybe this game is placing too high a premium on tactical expertise, to the point that until you gain such expertise through trial and error (or study of these forums) the game stats will be unrelaistic based on RL.

any thoughts? are people experiencing similar statistical results?

Yeah same here mate. I'm in my second season with chelsea and have played about 20 PL games and have drawn about 9 or 10 of them 0-0 and am lucky to get in 4 shots a game. Ive tried loads of different tactics and team instructions but nothing seems to work. Ive only scored about 12 goals but at the same time have only conceeded 7, boring, boring chelsea hey.

Archived