2nd Thoughts

Well,

I got the game and at first I was very pleased except the 2d pitch glitches ect. but now I am having 2nd thoughts about the whole game. These are the reasons why:

1. The 2d pitch is terrible, there are too many glitches and I know it is supposed to be quick but it doesn't show you where you need to improve as half the time your players and goalie will stand there and watch the ball fly into the net. The players never even try to tackle other players and even when they are surrounded by 3 players none of them go in for a tackle. The goalkeeper manages to parry a shot or cross about 50 yards up the field. Tackles outside of the box are given as a penalty and even tackles in other half of the pitch are given as a free-kick or penalty miles away, half the time leading to a player not involved in the challenge getting sent-off.

2. The database doesn't feel any different, as say I wanted England for my Main League with Italy, Spain & France as Secondary Leagues, even though I wanted England as my main league, not all English League players will be there and I find this odd. Also, if I wanted to manage say Numancia with Spain as a Secondary League they would only have say 12 players when It should be at least 20. I think they should concentrate more on the Leagues you load rather than adding all these players from different countries such as Turkey, Brazil ect. When if I loaded England, Spain, Italy & France, I would expect all the players from English Leagues and the Top Spanish Italian & French Leagues there rather than players from a country I am not managing in.

3. There are just too many injuries and sending-offs as I had about 6 injuries and about 5 sending-offs in the space of 2 months.

4. The transfer system feels the same and I could easily tempt Theo Walcott to a bsp team when in real life it is impossible.

I'll probably stick to the game for now but I don't know how much longer I will be able to stand it for.

Sorry about that, I'm sticking to the game it's just sometimes it feels like no effort has been put in but I know how much hard work has gone into it and I know the 2d pitch is not going to be perfect straight away. I think the database could use a bit of work and the transfer system. I think injuries are just too constant and maybe need a bit of work but otherwise it's a great game and best of the series by far!

I know what you mean about the database its a bit confusing. I thought that if you had scotland, holoand and france as second leagues and england as your main league you would have all the english players but you dont.

Also i dont score hardly any goals. Ive played 22 games and scored 17 goals!!! That is less than one a game.

you know what yorue saying in original post, well a gripe i have is that the highlight is like the last few kicks. like touch .... bang.... goal (or wide. or save).

i'm sure the UMD size limits for room for additional programming maybe... but i would like the highlights to be longer. i like to see how the move was put together, not just who got the final pass and who got the shot away.

not attacking the game here, but that is a criticism of the 2d, that it could show more perhaps next time? still happy though.

Archived