Game freezing

I've reached a point in my game where i'm afraid i might be stuck and unable to proceed.

I was starting a match. the first highlight was ready to come up at which point it came up with that "setting up match" dialogue. It just stayed at this dialogue for about 10 minute (usually about 5-10 seconds on my system) before i gave up and killed the process. I had lost one match prior to this, and before that i had saved. I was playing for a good 3-4 hours.

Today i loaded the game, made up the game that i lost (bloody drew a game i had previously won :mad:), then got to the game where it stuffed up last time, and the exact same thing happened again.

I'm gonna try for a 3rd time lucky tonight....

i'm just over half way into my season with southend united in coca cola league one.

i always run the game in windowed mode.

i ended up getting past it by saving after my first game, after that it froze again, but when i loaded my save game and played the problem match first up it worked...

my machine isn't high spec but it isn't low. it's a core2duo laptop with 2 gig ram running vista. the 3d match view works although it has a lower level of stadium detail..

Archived