wingbacks

just a little question really. years ago you didn't get wingbacks as a position you just had to guess based on stats who you thought could play there. those were back in the days when you had wingbacks actually being used in real life. i can't think of a team that uses them now yet there are loads of them in the game. how do si know that for example alan hutton can play as a wingback when i can't for the life of think when he has actually played in that position in real life? sure he's fast and can cross but he could be useless as a wingback. why all the wingbacks now seems a bit strange to me.

Many researchers make full backs who like to attack and can do it accomplished at wing back positions even though they never saw them playing in this position. I think that's wrong and I know that some researcher don't make such full backs accomplished at wing backs.

So there is misunderstanding between researchers and SI should give better guidelines for it.

theyre basically attacking fullbacks, at least thats how I see them

Thats how I see them. I use Arsenal in the game and Clichy and Sagna can be Wingbacks although I use them as defenders but they get forward.

A typical example of one of my games is say Sagna running up with the ball and passes to Walcott (MR), Sagna then runs infront of Walcott and recieves the ball again. Walcott then gets into the box to recieve the ball back from Sagna. Walcott sets up a shot.

In this situation Sagna to me is a Wingback although in my formation he is a DR. Like in real life you see the tactics of a team before a game, players not really in a wingback postion but will get forward and work with the midfield on the wing.

Thats how I see them. I use Arsenal in the game and Clichy and Sagna can be Wingbacks although I use them as defenders but they get forward.

A typical example of one of my games is say Sagna running up with the ball and passes to Walcott (MR), Sagna then runs infront of Walcott and recieves the ball again. Walcott then gets into the box to recieve the ball back from Sagna. Walcott sets up a shot.

In this situation Sagna to me is a Wingback although in my formation he is a DR. Like in real life you see the tactics of a team before a game, players not really in a wingback postion but will get forward and work with the midfield on the wing.

ok but that's an attacking fullback, a wingback will play without a winger in front of him in say a 532, who actually plays that these days. a handfull of teams maybe but any full back with pace who can cross on the game is rated to play as a wingback. just seems a bit odd to me.

ok but that's an attacking fullback, a wingback will play without a winger in front of him in say a 532, who actually plays that these days. a handfull of teams maybe but any full back with pace who can cross on the game is rated to play as a wingback. just seems a bit odd to me.

I suppose... what about the nations they play for? Do they always play Full back?

Imagine if they didnt have all these players on the game that could play as a wingback and you decided you wanted a 5-3-2 but couldnt find a player to fill them positions... that wouldnt be realistic in my opinion, they will be a lot of players in the football world able to play in these postions.

As for the criteria the SI team use to decide if they can then I dunno, I would go with what has been said above and base it on their attributes.

I suppose... what about the nations they play for? Do they always play Full back?

Imagine if they didnt have all these players on the game that could play as a wingback and you decided you wanted a 5-3-2 but couldnt find a player to fill them positions... that wouldnt be realistic in my opinion, they will be a lot of players in the football world able to play in these postions.

As for the criteria the SI team use to decide if they can then I dunno, I would go with what has been said above and base it on their attributes.

ok its like saying John Terry should be rated as a striker cause he scores a few goals in a season. i dont see how you can rate a player for a position if they have never played there.

They should be given some rating for wing back positions so when someone want to sue them there he can re-train them without too much problems. But they shouldn't be accomplished in positons they haven't played for a few seasons.

Archived