First time poster, FMH vetran

Despite my many visits to this forum (i've registered a few times but forgot my previous log ins!) i've not posted too many times, i've been playing FMH since the day the first one was released and been addicted ever since.

FMH 08 was great apart from the very annoying game freezes and bugs and i'm hoping FMH 09 has sorted these.

After the last 5 hours or so on the new one, i am a little bit dissapointed with the 2D pitch, major new feature that the game has been promoted on however just doesn't quite work, it shows highlights of goals thats it!! and the text is like 2 seconds behind after the balls gone in the net, i've switched it off after my first 5 or 6 matches back to the good old original text which is much more exciting.

Apart from that thumbs up!!! I've played all versions more than i should of and yes matches seem a bit tighter and more realistic but thats a good thing, i've found FMH to be easy in the past, but maybe this time i'll have a challenge!

I've started a game with MK Dons (Boro fan but hate playing as them for some reason) and loving it! After 15 games i've had a 4-1, 4-2 victories, 3-0 loss and a 3-3 so yea the rest of my games have been tight 1-0 2-1 games but that makes it miles more realistic

As i say just dissapointed with the 2D pitch

• SI Staff
After the last 5 hours or so on the new one, i am a little bit dissapointed with the 2D pitch, major new feature that the game has been promoted on however just doesn't quite work, it shows highlights of goals thats it!! and the text is like 2 seconds behind after the balls gone in the net, i've switched it off after my first 5 or 6 matches back to the good old original text which is much more exciting.

The 2d was designed with the intent of keeping it 'snappy' rather than prolonging matches - so the snippets shown are intentionally a bit shorter than on the PC.

This was done to keep the game fast and in the vein of 'pick up and play', ie. something you can play in 5 minute bursts while on a bus for instance rather than requiring hours to play.

As always though we'll be monitoring the feedback we get from users and will take this into consideration when deciding how the game (and features such as the 2d) evolve in future.

PS - Welcome to the forum :D

Cheers for the welcomes

and i get the pick up and play of FMH and i will give the 2D another chance, if i'm honest the introduction of the 2D pitch in the PC version is when i started to go off it, now i just don't have time to play the PC one as it has got a little bit too complex so FMH is like Champ Man 01/02 (which i still play)

LOVE IT!

Im the same i prefer fmh so much more because it is so much easier to pick up and play as you can get through a season in abut a day.

Im still waiting for my fmh to come so i cannot comment on the 2d pitch yet. At least we dont have the problems that the pc version is having ath the moment.

Archived