Players get greedy far too fast

Hi there, I'm managing FC Dallas in the MLS. Mainly because I thought it would be a laugh, it is.

Now I've kept the Majority of my original team only bringing in quality where it's needed.

now, in the middle of my first season Christian Gomez decides he wants a new contract, he only wants £1400 p/w so I give it to him. He rejects saying he wants a more important role. So I have to waste my Designated player slot for a season.

I can pay a player that isn't designated up to £3300 p/w btw

Then my Captain and Center Back Drew Moore decides he wants a pay rise just before the playoffs. Now I think 'hes only 23, he wont want much'. after being on £600 p/w he asks for £4700 p/w, but I don't have my designated player slot! I can't adjust my budget either because of the £21.25k cap for my entire team.

I managed to sort that issue by asking Gomez to sign a 'First Team' contract.

I've just started my second season and Aturo Alvarez, my Left Winger's contract is running out. He's paid £575 p/w. when I see his demands I see a 1 and a 4 so I assume he wants £1400 p/w. But no, when I look again I see we're offering him a £3300 First team Contract and he wants £4100. After being on £575 he wants a raise of roughly %700!

When there's a Salary Cap in place.

Also I'm not totally clear on the rules, but If I remember correctly then the Designated Player's wages should not contibute towards the Salary Cap, Yet Drew Moore's £4700 is clearly added to the total when I give him a squad number

Hi there, I'm managing FC Dallas in the MLS. Mainly because I thought it would be a laugh, it is.

Now I've kept the Majority of my original team only bringing in quality where it's needed.

now, in the middle of my first season Christian Gomez decides he wants a new contract, he only wants £1400 p/w so I give it to him. He rejects saying he wants a more important role. So I have to waste my Designated player slot for a season.

I can pay a player that isn't designated up to £3300 p/w btw

Then my Captain and Center Back Drew Moore decides he wants a pay rise just before the playoffs. Now I think 'hes only 23, he wont want much'. after being on £600 p/w he asks for £4700 p/w, but I don't have my designated player slot! I can't adjust my budget either because of the £21.25k cap for my entire team.

I managed to sort that issue by asking Gomez to sign a 'First Team' contract.

I've just started my second season and Aturo Alvarez, my Left Winger's contract is running out. He's paid £575 p/w. when I see his demands I see a 1 and a 4 so I assume he wants £1400 p/w. But no, when I look again I see we're offering him a £3300 First team Contract and he wants £4100. After being on £575 he wants a raise of roughly %700!

When there's a Salary Cap in place.

Also I'm not totally clear on the rules, but If I remember correctly then the Designated Player's wages should not contibute towards the Salary Cap, Yet Drew Moore's £4700 is clearly added to the total when I give him a squad number

Wage caps can be a problem, but try this one out for size...

Renato Augusto signed on a 2 year contract (couldnt get him to sign anything else) on 4.8k a week, come renewal time he wanted 96k a week + 12k appearance fee. All I can say is I'm very grateful for that 30 million bid from liverpool, a tidy 22 million profit and no obscene weekly wages for him... except for at liverpool where he now gets paid 105k a week to sit on the bench.

Archived