Help with Steam Installation/Graphics Options

Hi, just tried to start FM2009 through Steam for the first time having installed it, and having played the demo but it comes up with the following error:

Cannot run game: Failed to setup graphics system.

Please can someone let me know what to do cos i played the demo fine but the full game won't work at all!?

jflem285

Please note that whilst the update will allow many people with below minimum spec machines / graphics cards who had problems with the demo to get the game up and running, some below-spec graphics cards may require the DirectX 9.0 SDK is installed to run the game. This can be downloaded from the following url: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

try that

Hi all,

I just wanted to update everyone on this thread. I've downloaded the dx sdk having had the Cannot run game: Failed to setup graphics system message with both the released version and the patch. And GOOD NEWS! I can now load the game & get it working so I'm hoping this will work for all of you!!

The one thing I will say is that this is the worst install experience I've ever had with FM by a mile. The difficulties that it seems so many people have experienced say it all - I have to say I think the install has been shocking.

I hope the game proves to be worth it but wanted you all to know that this dx sdk does seem to work - there is hope!!

Archived