Scoring goals

Hi there,

Im on my 5th season with Spurs and it has been going fairly well, we've won the f.a cup and the Wafa cup, as well as the silly cups that go along with those, and have finished 4th and 5th every season, but i have a real issue scoring goals, which is preventing me from making that step up to winning the league. I play either 5-3-2 attacking or 4-1-2-1-2, depending on how things are going. I have some great strikers - defoe, torres, rodrigo palacio, anderson, and some great creative midfielders- d'alessandro, Mathieu Laurent, and we create a ridiculous amount of opportunities every game, but consistently only score 1, and so very often the opposition keeper gets man of the match. For the past 2 seasons we have had the best defence in the league, and have lost the least amount of games of all teams, but have scored the least goals of all but the bottom three and have drawn as many games as I have won!!

It's a desperate situation, if anyone has any advice then please help!

cheers

chris

Hi there,

Im on my 5th season with Spurs and it has been going fairly well, we've won the f.a cup and the Wafa cup, as well as the silly cups that go along with those, and have finished 4th and 5th every season, but i have a real issue scoring goals, which is preventing me from making that step up to winning the league. I play either 5-3-2 attacking or 4-1-2-1-2, depending on how things are going. I have some great strikers - defoe, torres, rodrigo palacio, anderson, and some great creative midfielders- d'alessandro, Mathieu Laurent, and we create a ridiculous amount of opportunities every game, but consistently only score 1, and so very often the opposition keeper gets man of the match. For the past 2 seasons we have had the best defence in the league, and have lost the least amount of games of all teams, but have scored the least goals of all but the bottom three and have drawn as many games as I have won!!

It's a desperate situation, if anyone has any advice then please help!

cheers

chris

5-3-2, attacking, normal passing, hard tackling, pressing.

4-1-2-1-2, attacking, long passing, hard tackling, pressing.

changes between the above two depending on performances, available players, etc. Both have the exact same issues though.

cheers

chris

Archived