Question about licences (SI help me!)

Hi guys,

I have purchased Football Manager (already have my copy but can't play).

My little cousin who is 13 comes over to my house every Friday night cause his mum works nightshift and we normally play either a hotseat game or a network game (if nobody is using the desktop) and sometimes my brother who lives elsewhere joins our network games.

Where does the change in the Auth process leave me with this?

Do I have to buy him his own disk? Personally I think that's a bit harsh as he doesn't even own a PC but rules are rules and I don't want to be breaking them cause I heard STEAM can ban you from playing FM.

I'm guessing you'll be OK with a hotseat game, but if you're playing two installs of the same FM at the same time on different computers than that's probably not OK.

Think it's a little harsh but if thems the rules than thems the rules... Both PC's belong to me tho? Would like it clarified by someone at SI but thanks for your input :)

PS I feel like I'm coming across as some kind of pirate looking for a loophole so coy and paste of my order

PC Games

Football Manager 2009 (with Play.com Exclusive Personalised Sleeve Offer) (PC Games)

PRICE £29.99

PAYMENT Credit/debit card

ORDER DATE 29/10/2008

ORDER ID 1459X9157

DELIVER TO Credit/debit card billing address xxxxxxxxxxxx

STATUS Posted: 11/11/2008

£29.99

Posted: 11/11/2008

:)

this might be totally wrong, but don't you get 5 installations when you get the game anyways, so if you install it on the two machines so you can both play, you'll just be using the 2 licences, the PC's will have different IP addresses so I wouldn't have thought there would be any issues?

Another random thought can you change your keycode at any time? My bro is wanting to loan my disk to install the game if his copy hasn't arrived tomorrow morning but I don't want to give him it cause it uses one of my installs and could be illegal?

If he takes my disk and installs it then when his comes can he change the keycode... or should I be evil tell him to wait for the postie :D

Hi guys,

I have purchased Football Manager (already have my copy but can't play).

My little cousin who is 13 comes over to my house every Friday night cause his mum works nightshift and we normally play either a hotseat game or a network game (if nobody is using the desktop) and sometimes my brother who lives elsewhere joins our network games.

Where does the change in the Auth process leave me with this?

Do I have to buy him his own disk? Personally I think that's a bit harsh as he doesn't even own a PC but rules are rules and I don't want to be breaking them cause I heard STEAM can ban you from playing FM.

I dont think you will get a reply from anyone official, because they will not want to advocate people doing this even though it possible. However, if you own both computers then I dont see any reason why you cant, if someone comes over to your house and wants to use your computer for something, they dont have to bring their own copy of windows do they?

If steam ever tried banning me when I was using a legit copy I really would go out and download a pirated version, steam can suck my lemons as far as that is concerned. Authenticate online or over the phone, steam cant do anything then. Did I mention I hate steam?

Archived