Why can't the manager do any training himself?

This seems quite an oddity to me because yes, I know that some managers don't get involved, but others get very involved in training to the extent that they're also doubling up as a coach. At small clubs the manager training as well is almost a necessity to help the club save money surely, I know it'd be a bit precarious to introduce it, as you would have to ask the question who decides the managers stats & will they improve over time because of PA & CA. Needless to say, I think its something that should be worth looking at really.

I always entertained the idea of attending training myself.

Maybe use the Match Engine with training and afterwards or even after each small training bit, you can send feedback to them and maybe even during!

"C'mon what was that?!?!"

"Alright, keep it up!"

Obviously if you push too far, they go mad and get injured more easily and if you go too easy, they become 'noobz' (for lack of a better word) and knowing your players would be more important.

My desire comes more down to the training schedules aspect, can you imagine your in league 2 and you're like "[chairmans name] you're gonna have to get my another coach, I canna be bothered train em myself, I know that £500 - £1000 a week could be better used on player budgets, but I really don't feel like training them"

I'm in iceland and have coaches on £400 a week which is a huge amount in this league, and if I could train players myself it would mean possibly 2 new first team players.

Archived