Retraining youngster

Hey people - I've got a question!

When a youngster comes through the academy and so goes into the U18 squad, and he's a striker for example, say he has 13 for anticipation and I want to retrain him, turn him into a DC, it's easy enough to set retrain into new position. But, if I put him on a defensive training schedule rather than one which is heavily based on finishing, ball control etc., would his defensive stats grow to fill up his PA? Or would they just not grow very much and his attacking not at all, therefore not fulifilling his potential?

Cheers.

Training should shape his technical abilities into those of a defender, so his finishing should slowly decrease as his defending skills increase.

Mental skills get a big push from teaming up with the correct sort of mentor, so do get him mentored as often as possible and if you find some one he works with well, link them up as often as possible. Mental skills also increase from training, playing, player interaction (media comments and discipline) and over time.

Physical stats are by far the hardest to increase, Good starting physical stats are fairly important for most regens.

Finally pay attention to any existing PPMS, some striking ones are not compatible with defenders, tries through balls for instance is asking for trouble if it is your defender doing it.

Remember a mentor will also pass his PPMs onto the person his is training, so check them before setting up a mentor.

Feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

Archived