Whats the deal with Steam? *From a concerned Aussie*

Ok we all know we are always 3-4 weeks behind in getting the game so a few questions....

1. Is Steam the only place you can digitally download the game? If not where else?

2. When you pay via steam and download the game what other verification steps do you have to do?

3. If i did go via steam can i just purchase the game on day of release from them then boom i can download it straight away and dont have to wait or there will be a backlog considering the amount of people doing it?

Probably more to come cant think of right now.

Ok we all know we are always 3-4 weeks behind in getting the game so a few questions....

1. Is Steam the only place you can digitally download the game? If not where else?

2. When you pay via steam and download the game what other verification steps do you have to do?

3. If i did go via steam can i just purchase the game on day of release from them then boom i can download it straight away and dont have to wait or there will be a backlog considering the amount of people doing it?

Probably more to come cant think of right now.

1. I think it is but I'm not certain.

2. None that I'm aware of, pretty sure Steam verifies the game itself.

3. If you purchase earlier the game will download before release day, upto 48hours earlier I think I read somewhere. Then you just have to wait until SI flick the authentication switch and you can play. So you'd be able to play as soon as the game is released.

1. Yes I think steam is the current only one for Football Manager 09, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 may well be available elsewhere, however I'm not sure (They're both the same game, just different names)

2. Steam does everything for you :)

3. If you purchase on the day you'll be able to download it instantly. If you pre order it should download prior to release and as soon as midnight (UK) hits you should be able to play it :)

Archived