Remove or add leagues in game?

Would it be possible to add this option?

Let's say I loaded all leagues from France/England/Italy/Spain/Germany and I started with a club from a lower league. After several years I've made my way through the smaller leagues and now I'm in French Ligue 1. The thing is that I will never join an Italian Serie C club or a Blue Square North/South club now that I have a continental reputation so it would be nice if I could remove those leagues so the game could run faster.

Or what about adding a league?

This would probably be more complicated but... it could be easier to do if the leagues you add have the option real players OFF.

It would be great to add and remove leagues IN GAME as I'm sure that there are a some people (like me) who would like to start a career and play until 2050 but they aren't doing so because they become bored due to the fact that they only have a few leagues loaded... and if they loaded too many, the game is going too slow.

I want there to be an option in the editor to add leagues as I am a big fan of non-league football and want to take my local step 5 club (9 levels below the premiership) from the sussex county league right the way to the champions league!

Or, I'd like a separate version of the game to be released with all the non-leagues included, I don't want brazil, argentina, south africa, croatia, etc, but I do want the combined counties league, the sussex league, the ryman league, etc, etc.

Imagine taking Redhill into the premiership.

Who???

Look them up on google, Redhill fc.

I've thought of this before, but one problem (even if it would be possible to add leagues during game) would be no changed data or history created.

For example if you didnt load the english league for 20 years, Man Utd would be the current champions even if they wouldnt have in your game. They would still have almost the same squads and you wouldnt know who had won the leagues and cups.

Unless there was an option to load random history etc but would take a long time to load and you didnt mind...

I dont know, someone with more intelligence on programming may be able to help with this, I'm just guessing here..

For example if you didnt load the english league for 20 years, Man Utd would be the current champions even if they wouldnt have in your game. They would still have almost the same squads and you wouldnt know who had won the leagues and cups.

That's why if you could load a league after you started the game that it would have to use fake players.

Adding a league would be complicated, but I'm sure it would be easy to remove one.

In theory i think this is a great idea. You would potentially be able to move to any of the leagues in FM without the negatives of slow processing.

But there is a major problem with a lack of history so i think you would have to sacrifice a certain amount of realism.

Was just thinking about how players would be added to a new league with few real players, and thought that one way would be for the game to make the grey players in each squad into real players. But then there still is the problem of them not having any history.

Archived