How can I use default kits and logos??

Clubs in some licensed leagues have their 'real' kits and logos.(like English Championship and lower leagues)

And most clubs don't have their own 'real' kits use default 33 kit templates,

and their logos are shown as shieldlike shape whose colour and pattern is same with kits'.(like English Premiership)

And what I wanna do is changing 'real' kits and logos to default kits and logos.

I figured out that clubs have 'real' kits are also assigned with default templates by using data editor.

So I tried deleting real kits' png picture files, but it won't work, neither default nor real kits were shown.

Then I tried deleting .xml files, but real kits were still shown...

Pleas help me!! icon_confused.gif

I want to know the same thing! It really annoys me that some teams have awesome real logos, while others have horrendous-looking shields. I know the licensing issues and have no problem with that, but I would rather just get rid of them entirely (in other words, that way if I look at my team's fixture list there aren't any logos).

I would be so happy if someone had a way to make the OP's question happen!

This sucks! icon_mad.gif

I find out that something I had given up on being able to do can actually in fact be done, and I respond to this thread three minutes after the person who discovered the answer posted -- now that person has likely left the boards for a while to play the game and nobody seems to know what xml files are (my question has been out there for about 15 hours now and no reply yet by anybody). Somebody has got to know what xml files are and how to delete them ... icon_frown.gif

Unfortunately now I'm concerned that Bellinger may have been talking about the 2007 game. When I go to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007\data\graphics\pictures\kit\clubs\sco and get rid of "config," the only xml document there, and open WSM 2007, the Scottish teams have default (unofficial) kits. But there are no similar items in my 2008 folder.

Well, if anybody has any ideas, let me know. Bellinger, I hope you get back here at some point and let me know which game you were talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I got my sliders back (reinstalled the game), but I am completely stuck on how to do this.

I downloaded that program but I am lost as to where I am supposed to extract the "graphics" folder to. Please help. And that PDF I got with the resource archiver is no help to me whatsoever. So confused. icon_confused.gif

originally posted by lovingthegreen:-

Okay, I got my sliders back (reinstalled the game), but I am completely stuck on how to do this.

I downloaded that program but I am lost as to where I am supposed to extract the "graphics" folder to. Please help. And that PDF I got with the resource archiver is no help to me whatsoever. So confused.

I really need to get some sleep (damn FM got it's hooks in me again icon_biggrin.gif ) but I'll mess around with it at some point over the next couple of days, and post some instructions here if I figure it out (or not as the case may be).

@lovingthegreen

You do this at your own risk. I have no clue as to what effect this might have on future save game stability. Since you are American I should let you know I'm broke so suing me if this wrecks your game/pc won't be a worthwhile venture icon_wink.gif

Double click resource archiver.exe

Select extract archive and choose the graphics.fmf. If it doesn’t automatically open up in the right location navigate to the data folder in Program Files\Football Manager 2008\data

Extract the archive to the Program files location you found them in Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data.

Move the graphics.fmf somewhere else for back up (FM must be closed to do this).

Go to

Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\graphics\pictures\kits

Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\graphics\pictures\logos

and have a rummage around until you find the png files that you recognise as ones you don’t want, then delete the folder that contains them.

The help pdf with resource archiver recommends not modifying the Program Files folder so doing so is at your own risk.

Fingers crossed icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I was playing around with that and once again I somehow made all my sliders disappear, so I have just given up on it. It was so much simpler with 07 when I could just go in and delete certain files and have all the non-official kits. Oh well.

Archived