New manager contract

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm manager of St Johnstone and have got them promoted to the SPL. Four games left and I'm guaranteed 3rd place at least, or possibly 2nd if I'm lucky.

This has been done on a transfer budget of zero so it's not bad surely? The board have been simply satisfied all year (finances are fine so pleased on that) and I'm sure they'll be happy next year with european football.

They won't give me a new contract though and I got a message saying that other managers such John 'Yogi' Hughes are in line to replace me when my contract expires.

Any idea why this might be?

Pretty sure I was on holiday so it defaulted for mid table position. That's probably what I would have put down anyway as I expected to struggle. The media prediction was for me to finish 2nd bottom (11th) in the league. In the Confidence section they are delighted for me surpassing any long term targets they may have set. Very annoying.

This has happened tome as well. As long as you have pleased the board they will generally offer you a new contract. you can go to the board room screen and request a new contract and see what they say. I did that and it came back that i deserved a new contract.

However in my expierience it isn't till the end of the season that a new contract is offered.

its very rare you will get a new contract offered until around 1 month before your current one is due to expire. dont panic though, if youre close to what the start of season expectations were, you shouldnt have a problem

Thanks guys, you're right about them not usually offering a contract until very near the end. I did try the board room and they weren't up for offering me a new one. It should be fine but on my last game I was sacked when the board had been happier all season!

Archived